Environmental Planner Position - Full-Time
TOWNSCAPE, INC. has been assisting Hawaiʻi’s communities with their environmental and community-based planning needs for over 31 years. Typically about five strong, our staff has remained small to provide quality, personalized planning services for our clients, many of whom are government and non-profit organizations that focus on place-based learning, natural resource management, and community-based planning and economic development.
We are currently seeking a full time Environmental Planner to start in May 2023, or sooner.
- Commitment to Townscape’s mission and guiding principles;
- Able to work both independently and as a team;
- Able to work with a variety of cultures and personalities;
- Highly organized, motivated, and able to meet deadlines;
- Strong written, oral, and graphics communication skills;
- Able to research, analyze data, think critically, and problem solve;
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook; GIS; and Adobe Creative Suite; and
- Masters degree in Planning, Natural Resources Management, Hawaiian Studies, or related field.
- Community outreach and engagement;
- Watershed and natural resource planning;
- Professional planning experience in Hawaiʻi;
- Familiarity with Hawaiʻi’s environment, history, and culture;
- Preparing and processing environmental assessments, environmental impact statements, and state and county land use permits; and/or
- Understanding of and experience with federal, state, and county environmental and land use policies, plans, and regulations;
If interested, please email the following to Sherri Hiraoka, Principal Planner, Townscape, Inc. at [email protected]:
- Letter of interest
- Current resume
- Two writing samples (written solely by the applicant)
- Two samples of graphics (created solely by the applicant)
Townscape is looking for someone who will fit well with our existing team and company philosophy. We understand that our next team member may not meet all of the criteria listed above, but hope that anyone who believes that they are a good fit with us will apply and give us both the opportunity to explore a potential relationship.